Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2020, 09:36:00 AM

Author Topic: Covid 19 and reflection on Sura Rahman  (Read 57 times)

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 1888
  • Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!
Covid 19 and reflection on Sura Rahman
« on: March 17, 2020, 03:17:21 PM »
COVID 19 and reflection on Surah Ar-Rahman

I received a message on Whatsapp today, which made me think, reflect, and ponder.

The message was very long, I am translating and condensing it in my own words. He said, “I heard that when Allah is angry with a person; He takes away from him the desire or ability to prostrate to Him. Allah has shut the doors of His house and has prevented us from entering into His house. He has taken the ability from us to pray in His house. Those in authority are telling people to ban the congregational prayers, not to attend Jum’ah prayer, but I have not heard any Sheikh, Moulana, Usdath, religious leader, d’aee or khateeb appealing to Ummah to seek Allah’s forgiveness.

No one had told the Ummah that your Rabb is angry with you because of your sins and disobedience. So seek your Lord’s forgiveness.

Ya Allah! You are so displeased with us that you closed the doors of Your House upon us?

Ya Allah do not impose the burden of this disease upon us. Ya Allah! Don’t punish us in this manner. Ya Allah, we seek Your forgiveness.

Please forgive the Ummah of Prophet Muhammad SAW. Ya Allah open the doors of Your Mercy. Ya Allah! Open the doors of Your House.”

My Reflection:
It is true that the sign that Allah is angry with a servant is when He makes that servant busy with what is of no benefit or removes him far away from His good pleasure. The way of determining whether Allah is pleased with us or not is evaluating how much we obey Commands. For, Allah becomes pleased when the deeds which He orders are done and when the deeds which he forbids are not done.

It is true that we, as an Ummah have failed to show gratitude for Allah’s favors. We, as an Ummah have failed to obey His Commands. We forgot that Prophet Muhammed SAW said, Seek out the vulnerable among you. Verily, you are only given provision and support due to your support of the weak.”

Haven’t you and I failed in seeking out the vulnerable among us? Haven't we failed in supporting the weak among us?

It is true that we, as an Ummah have denied the favors of our Lord even though He asked thirty-three times in surah ar-Rahman, that which of the favors of the Lord will you deny? We know that everything will perish, yet we remain madly in pursuit of worldly riches and comforts. We, as Ummah, have failed to realize that our family and friends will leave us, good health will decline, our wealth will perish, yet we remained proud and arrogant.

How many of the mercies that we are enjoying right now have we thanked Allah for? One of the reasons for the revelation of the surah is to make us grateful.

Perhaps the reason for sending COVID 19 is the same. In the previous surah, Allah reminds us by saying, ”Why don’t you look at the destroyed nations and changed your ways?” And then He reminds of His favors 33 times with His name Ar-Rahman in this surah. Why is it so?

So that open our eyes show gratitude for His favors so that we are qualified for receiving Allah’s Mercy.

My humble request is that we all should increase in seeking Allah forgiveness and increase in the recitation of the Qur’an. I also urge you to recite Surah ar-Rahman in abundance and be responsive to “And which of the favors of the Lord will you deny’ each time you come across. It's because when Prophet (SAW) went to the companions and recited Surah ar Rahman but they were all quiet.

He told them that he went to the jinn and recited it to them, and they were responsive. And when he would recite the verses ‘And which of the favors of the Lord will you deny’ the jinn would respond ‘There is nothing among your bounties that we can deny, all praise belong to Allah’.

«لَقَدْ قَرَأْتُهَا عَلَى الْجِنِّ لَيْلَةَ الْجِنِّ فَكَانُوا أَحْسَنَ مَرْدُودًا مِنْكُمْ، كُنْتُ كُلَّمَا أَتَيْتُ عَلَى قَوْلِهِ:
فَبِأَىِّ ءَالاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
قَالُوا: لَا بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ نِعَمِكَ رَبَّنَا نُكَذِّبُ فَلَكَ الْحَمْد»

"Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."

Copy
My Father is greater than I.  Bible, John 14:28

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God ...( 4: 172 )

prepared by faith :)

recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 298
  • thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
Re: Covid 19 and reflection on Sura Rahman
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 02:17:39 PM »
:salam: :jk: for sharing