Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 02:45:33 PM

Author Topic: Tafseer Sooratun-Noor, Aayatun-Noor – Shaykh Saalim ibn Sa’d at-Taweel  (Read 1462 times)

• Reputation Power: 145
  • Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!
 :salam:

Tafseer Sooratun-Noor, Aayatun-Noor – Shaykh Saalim ibn Sa’d at-Taweel
by AbdurRahman.org

Tafseer Sooratun-Noor, Aayatun-Noor
Shaykh Saalim ibn Sa'd at-Taweel

"Allaah is the Noor (Light) of the Heavens and the Earth..."

Here, Allaah says He is Noor.  Noor is one of His Attributes, an-Noor is one of His Names.  We must believe in all of his Names and Attributes as He has told us about them, without negating them, without likening Him to the creation or likening creation to Him, without distortion and without asking 'how?'. Why must we believe in them the way Allaah tells us? Because no one knows Allaah better then He knows Himself. If something is not befitting His Majesty, He will not describe Himself with it.

We must also believe in the Names and Attributes of Allaah as the Messenger informed us about them -without negating, likening, distorting or asking 'how?'. We know why we believe in what Allaah said but why believe in what the Messenger said?

Because "he doesnt speak from desire, only Revelation revealed to him." that's one reason. Also, he is as-Saadiq (the Truthful) and he is al-Musaddaq (the one who is agrred with by Allaah). So that's 3 reasons to believe in everything the Messenger came with, including Allaah's Names and Attributes.

We can not negate the Names and Attributes if Allaah established them for Himself or His Messenger established them in the Sunnah.

We do not attribute to Allaah the deficiencies of the creation, nor do we give the creation attributes of Allaah that would demand they be worshipped besides Him.

We do not interpret them if Allaah did not teach us their interpretaion, nor His Messenger teach us,

And we do not ask 'how?'. This is impossible to know.  The 'how' of something is known through one of three ways. 1-you see it, so you know about it first hand, 2-someone informs you about it, 3-you know something similar to it. There is no 4th way.

We have never seen Allaah. He did not inform us how He is in the Book or on the tongues of His Prophet, and there is nothing similar to Him. So ther is no way of knowing ' how' Allaah is.

In fact, some of the Salaf said, "Give up hope of knowing how Allaah is." It is not permissible to try and figure it out. The Messenger of Allaah sallaa Llaahu alayhi wa sallam said, "Don't think about the essence of Allaah, think about His Blessings."

But we still believe in them. We don't really know how cellphones work sound and pictures travelling through the air, but we believe they work. We dont know the detailss of how airplanes work, but we still believe in them. We dont know how we drink different juices, soda, teas, coffees, milks and the still come out yellow urine. (You dont know about tabool and you ask about Nuzool!)

The Prophet taught us how to deal with these questions.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “People will keep on asking question until someone will say, ‘Allaah created the universe, but who created Allaah?’ Whoever encounters anything like that, let him say, ‘Amantu Billaah (I believe in Allaah).’”

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to one of you and say, ‘Who created the heaven? Who created the earth?’ He will say, ‘Allaah’” – then he mentioned something similar (to the previous report), and added, “And His Messengers.” [i.e., amantu Billaah wa Rusulihi = I believe in Allaah and His Messengers]

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to one of you and say, ‘Who created such and such?’ until he says to him, ‘Who created your Lord?’ When it reaches that stage, let him seek refuge with Allaah [say A’oodhu Billaahi min ash-shaytaan ir-rajeem = I seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan] and stop thinking about it.”

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan will come to a person and say, ‘Who created such and such…’” and he narrated the whole report. (Imaam Muslim, 134).

So if Shaytaan  asks us these questions. We seek refuge in Allaah, we say we believe in Allaah and we stop thinking about it.

Now someone might say, "but the kuffaar ask me about it?" No problem. The Messenger informed us that shaytaan will ask us and shayateen appear as men too.  It is not our job to convince everyone. We just seek refuge in Allaah, say we believe in Allaah and stop talking about it with them.

Allaah is an-Noor, we must believe in it and the rest of His Beautiful Names and Lofty Attributes as they came, without negating, likening, interpreting or asking "how?"
Taken from : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mahad-ul-Furqan/message/81
Related Links:

Explaining the Meaning of An-Nur (The Light) – One of Allaah’s Names - Dr. Saleh As-Saleh
    Shytaan inspires with doubts like ‘Who Created Allaah?’ - Taken from Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah of Shaykh Al-Albaani [PDF]

AbdurRahman.org
When I first read this ayah and understood it - I realized that getting to Jannah is not easy and it wasn't easy even for the Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him and his companions. I t really touched me deeply and whenever I am down I am remember it and it lifts my spirits: Or de ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suferring and adversity, and were so shaken in spiri that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried, " when (will come) the help of Allah" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near!

:charity: