Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2018, 11:34:09 AM

Author Topic: Friday ( Jumuah )  (Read 4565 times)

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 1868
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
Friday ( Jumuah )
« on: December 23, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
 :salam:

It was narrated that Abu Lubaabah ibn ‘Abd al-Mundhir said: The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Friday is the master of days, and the greatest of them before Allaah...." [Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1084; classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 2279]
My Father is greater than I.  Bible, John 14:28

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God ...( 4: 172 )

prepared by faith :)

recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com
  • Global Moderator
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
Re: Friday ( Jumuah )
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:10:28 PM »

Following are the sunnahs which we can do and get reward on Jumuah (Friday):

❂ Praying Fajr in congregation ❂

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best prayer before Allaah is Fajr prayer on Friday in congregation.” [Narrated by al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1119]

❂ Salaat al-Jumu’ah (Friday prayer) ❂

1 ➲   Bathing on the day of Jumuah

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with him and his father) that he said the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "If one of you comes to Jumuah, let him have a bath." [Bukhari & Muslim: #1951 & #977]

2 ➲   Going early to Jumuah prayer

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayra (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "When Friday comes, at each door of the mosque there are angels who write down the first ones to come to the mosque. The one who comes early is like who sacrificed a camel, then those who come after him are like one who sacrificed a cow, then one who sacrificed a horned ram, then one who sacrificed a chicken, then like one who offered an egg. Then when the imaam sits down they close their books and come to listen to the sermon." [Bukhari & Muslim: #929 & #1964]

3 ➲   Walks to Jumu’ah prayer, for every step he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.

It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws al-Thaqafi that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does ghusl on Friday and causes (his wife) to do ghusl, and sets out early, and comes close to the imam and listens and keeps quiet, for every step he takes he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 496; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 410]

4 ➲   Listening attentively to the Jumu’ah Khutbah (Sermon)

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If you say to your companion, ‘Listen attentively’ on a Friday, when the imam is delivering the khutbah, then you have engaged in idle speech.” [Narrated by al-Bukhaari (934) and Muslim (851)] ~ Read here for further information regarding 'The virtue of listening attentively to the Jumu’ah khutbah': http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/89575

❂ Seeking the hour of having one's prayer answered on Jumuah day ❂

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayra (may Allah be pleased with him) that the day of Jumuah was mentioned and the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alayhi wa salam said: "On this day there is a time when no Muslim stands and prays, asking Allaah for something, but Allaah will grant him it" – and he gestured with his hands to indicate how short that time is. [Bukhari & Muslim: #935 & #1969] ~ Read here for further information regarding 'the hour of response': http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21748

❂ Reading Surah Al-Kahf on Friday ❂

“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.” (Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249. Ibn Hajar said in Takhreej al-Adhkaar that this is a hasan hadeeth, and he said, this is the strongest report that has been narrated concerning reading Soorat al-Kahf. See: Fayd al-Qadeer, 6/198. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6470) ~ Read here for further information regarding 'reading Surah Al-Kahf on Friday': http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10700

For others detail information regarding Jumuah/Friday, please read our articles:
► What is the merit of Friday over other days ? and Why? ~ http://blog.iloveallaah.com/2010/07/what-is-the-merit-of-friday-over-other-days-and-why/
► The Importance Of Friday! ~ http://blog.iloveallaah.com/2010/06/the-importance-of-friday/
► The Etiquette for Salat al-Jumuah ~ http://blog.iloveallaah.com/2010/07/the-etiquette-for-salat-al-jumuah/
► The Friday Congregational Prayer ~ http://blog.iloveallaah.com/2009/07/the-friday-congregational-prayer/

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah and Hudhaifah (r.a) said the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: “Allah led those who came before us away from Friday. The Jews had Saturday, and the Christians had Sunday. Then Allah brought us and Allah guided us to Friday. So there is Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and thus they will follow us on the Day of Resurrection.

We are the last of the people of this world but we will be the first on the Day of Resurrection, and we will be dealt with before all others.” (Muslim, 856)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »

Alhamdulillâh... It's Jumuah (Friday) !!! Don't ignore this weekly blessing from Allâh Ta'alaa !!

Here are the sunnahs you can do today: !!
1 - Praying Fajr in congregation [al-Bayhaqi, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani ,1119]

2 - Before and during Salaat al-Jumu’ah (Friday prayer):

➲ Bathing on the day of Jumuah [Bukhari & Muslim: #1951 & #977]
➲ Going early to Jumuah prayer [Bukhari & Muslim: #929 & #1964]
➲ Walks to Jumu’ah prayer [al-Tirmidhi, 496]
➲ Listening attentively to the Jumu’ah Khutbah (Sermon) [al-Bukhaari (934) & Muslim (851)]

3 - Seeking the hour of having one's prayer answered on Jumuah day [Bukhari & Muslim: #935 & #1969]

4 - Reading Surah Al-Kahf [al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249]

Visit this link - http://on.iloveallaah.com/jtrkv to read on detail ~ Mobile Users Share Link - http://on.fb.me/tzxAAE

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:11:40 PM »

Virtues of Friday ●|●

The Prophet -sallAllâhu 'alaihi wassallam- said: "Friday is the master of days, and the greatest of them before Allâh. It is greater before Allâh than the day of al-Adha and the day of al-Fitr. It has five characteristics:

1. On this day Allâh created Adam -'alaihissallam,
2. On it He sent Adam -'alaihissallam- down to the earth,
3. On it Allâh caused Adam -'alaihissallam- to die,
4. On it there is a time when a person does not ask Allâh for anything but He gives it to him, so long as he does not ask for anything haraam, and
5. On it the Hour will begin.

There is no angel who is close to Allâh, no heaven, no earth, no wind, no mountain and no sea that does not fear Friday.”

[Narrated by Ibn Maajah; 1084; Classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 2279]

Read this article to know more about 'The merit of Friday over other days & The Reason? ►► http://blog.iloveallaah.com/?p=408

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
:sl:

Narrated / Authority Of: Abu Huraira

On Fridays the Prophet SAW used to recite Alf Lam Mim Tanzil-As-Sajda (in the first Raka) and Hal ata'alal-lnsani i.e. Suratad-Dahr (LXXVI) (in the second Raka), in the Fajr prayer.

Bukhari Hadith no: 174

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 03:02:54 AM »

10 Valid Excuses for Men to Miss the Jama’ah in the Masjid
AbdurRahman.org

10 Valid Excuses for Men to Miss the Jama’ah in the Masjid
By Ibn Hibban (may Allah have mercy on him)
1.      A sickness which prevents the person from attending
عَنْ أَنَسٍ قَالَ آخِرُ نَظْرَةٍ نَظَرْتُهَا إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- كَشَفَ السِّتَارَةَ وَالنَّاسُ صُفُوفٌ خَلْفَ أَبِى بَكْرٍ رضى الله عنه فَأَرَادَ أَبُو بَكْرٍ أَنْ يَرْتَدَّ فَأَشَارَ إِلَيْهِمْ أَنِ امْكُثُوا وَأَلْقَى السِّجْفَ وَتُوُفِّىَ مِنْ آخِرِ ذَلِكَ الْيَوْمِ وَذَلِكَ يَوْمُ الاِثْنَيْنِ
It was narrated that Anas said: “The last time I saw the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), he drew the curtain when the people were in rows behind Abu Bakr - May Allah be pleased with him. Abu Bakr wanted to step back, but he gestured to them to stay as they were, and let the curtain drop. He died at the end of that day, and that day was Monday.” [ An-Nias’I 1832]
2.      A meal is ready
قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- « إِذَا حَضَرَ الْعَشَاءُ وَأُقِيمَتِ الصَّلاَةُ فَابْدَءُوا بِالْعَشَاءِ.
The Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “ If dinner is ready and the Iqamah for prayer is said, then start with dinner first. “ [ An-Nisa’I 854]
3.      Forgetfulness or sleep
كُنَّا مَعَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- إِذْ قَالَ بَعْضُ الْقَوْمِ لَوْ عَرَّسْتَ بِنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ. قَالَ « إِنِّى أَخَافُ أَنْ تَنَامُوا عَنِ الصَّلاَةِ ». قَالَ بِلاَلٌ أَنَا أَحْفَظُكُمْ. فَاضْطَجَعُوا فَنَامُوا وَأَسْنَدَ بِلاَلٌ ظَهْرَهُ إِلَى رَاحِلَتِهِ فَاسْتَيْقَظَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- وَقَدْ طَلَعَ حَاجِبُ الشَّمْسِ فَقَالَ « يَا بِلاَلُ أَيْنَ مَا قُلْتَ ». قَالَ مَا أُلْقِيَتْ عَلَىَّ نَوْمَةٌ مِثْلُهَا قَطُّ
“ We were with the Messenger of Allah (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) when some of the people said: why do you not stop us to rest a while, O Messenger of Allah ? He said : “ I am afraid that you will sleep and miss the prayer.” Bilal said: I will wake you up.” So they laid down and slept , and Bilal leaned back on his mount. Then the Messenger of Allah woke up when the sun had already started to rise and he said” “ O Bilal, what about what you told us? “ He said: “ I have never slept like that before.”…[ An-Nisa’I 847]
4.      A person is obese and can’t attend
أَنَسُ بْنُ سِيرِينَ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَنَسًا يَقُولُ قَالَ رَجُلٌ مِنَ الأَنْصَارِ إِنِّى لاَ أَسْتَطِيعُ الصَّلاَةَ مَعَكَ . وَكَانَ رَجُلاً ضَخْمًا ، فَصَنَعَ لِلنَّبِىِّ - صلى الله عليه وسلم - طَعَامًا فَدَعَاهُ إِلَى مَنْزِلِهِ ، فَبَسَطَ لَهُ حَصِيرًا وَنَضَحَ طَرَفَ الْحَصِيرِ ، صَلَّى عَلَيْهِ رَكْعَتَيْنِ
Narrated Anas bin Sireen : I heard Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) saying, “ A man from the Ansar said to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) , “ I cannot offer As-Salat with you (in congregation).” He was a very fat man and he prepared a meal for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and invited him to his house. He spread out a mat for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), and washed one of its sides with water, and the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) offered two Rak’a prayers on it…” [ Bukhari 670]
5.      A person has to answer the call to nature
عن أبي هريرة ، قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : « لا يصل أحدكم وهو يدافعه الأخبثان
Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said, The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “ None of you should pray while  suppressing the call of nature. “ [ Ibn Hibban 2107]
6.     A person fears for his wellbeing or property on the road to the masjid
مَحْمُودِ بْنِ الرَّبِيعِ. أَنَّ عِتْبَانَ بْنَ مَالِكٍ كَانَ يَؤُمُّ قَوْمَهُ وَهُوَ أَعْمَى وَأَنَّهُ قَالَ لِرَسُولِ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- إِنَّهَا تَكُونُ الظُّلْمَةُ وَالْمَطَرُ وَالسَّيْلُ وَأَنَا رَجُلٌ ضَرِيرُ الْبَصَرِ فَصَلِّ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ فِى بَيْتِى مَكَانًا أَتَّخِذُهُ مُصَلًّى.
فَجَاءَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- فَقَالَ « أَيْنَ تُحِبُّ أَنْ أُصَلِّىَ لَكَ ». فَأَشَارَ إِلَى مَكَانٍ مِنَ الْبَيْتِ فَصَلَّى فِيهِ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم
It was narrated from Mahmoud bin Ar-Rabi’ that Itban bin Malik used to lead his people in prayer, and he was blind. He said to the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) : Sometimes it is dark or rainy or there is a flood, and I am a blind man; O Messenger of Allah, (come and ) pray on a place in my house , so I can take it as a prayer place.” He said: Where would you like me to pray for you?” He showed him a place in his house, and the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) prayed there.” [ An-Nisa’ 789]
7.      The temperature is extremely cold
عن ابن عمر : أنه وجد ذات ليلة بردا شديدا فأذن من معه فصلوا في رحالهم وقال : إني رأيت رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم إذا كان مثل هذا أمر الناس أن يصلوا في رحالهم
Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated: One night he found it was very cold, so he allowed the people who were with him to pray in their homes. Ibn Umar said, “I saw the Messenger do the same thing when the weather conditions were like this. He ordered the people to pray in their homes.” [ Ibn Hibban 2076]
8.      Rain
عَنْ نَافِعٍ أَنَّ ابْنَ عُمَرَ أَذَّنَ بِالصَّلاَةِ فِى لَيْلَةٍ ذَاتِ بَرْدٍ وَرِيحٍ فَقَالَ أَلاَ صَلُّوا فِى الرِّحَالِ فَإِنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- كَانَ يَأْمُرُ الْمُؤَذِّنَ إِذَا كَانَتْ لَيْلَةٌ بَارِدَةٌ ذَاتُ مَطَرٍ يَقُولُ أَلاَ صَلُّوا فِى الرِّحَالِ.
Nafi’ narrated that Ibn Umar gave the call to prayer on a cold and windy night, and he said: “ Pray where you are, for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to order the Mu’adhdhin, if it was a cold and rainy night to say: " Pray in your homes.” [ An-Nisa’I 655]
9.      Other reasons of fear, which frightens the person to attend the salah
عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ أَوْسٍ يَقُولُ أَنْبَأَنَا رَجُلٌ مِنْ ثَقِيفٍ أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ مُنَادِىَ النَّبِىِّ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- يَعْنِى فِى لَيْلَةٍ مَطِيرَةٍ فِى السَّفَرِ يَقُولُ حَىَّ عَلَى الصَّلاَةِ حَىَّ عَلَى الْفَلاَحِ صَلُّوا فِى رِحَالِكُمْ.
Amr bin Aws said : “ A man of Thaqif told us that he heard the caller of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) on a rainy night during a journey saying : Hayya ‘ala as-salah, Hayya ala al-falah, sallu fi rihalikum (come to prayer, come to success, pray in your dwellings. “[ An-Nisa’i 654]
10. Eating garlic and onions
قَالَ « مَنْ أَكَلَ مِنْ هَذِهِ الشَّجَرَةِ فَلاَ يَقْرَبْنَا حَتَّى يَذْهَبَ رِيحُهَا »
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Whoever eats from these plants must not come to the masjid until it’s smell is gone.
[ Abu Dawud 3828]
Taken from Ibn Hibban’s Saheeh with the checking from Shuaib Ar-naut 5/ 417-439]
Translated by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Battle
Doha, Qatar 1/23/1432

Courtesy:This beneficial mail was shared by Br Abdur Rahman Meda < AbdurRahman.org@gmail.com >
May Allah Bless & reward him generously! (Ameen)

~ Please join ~

< Al_Asr@Yahoogroups.com >
Al_Asr-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

~And learn more about Islam~

With Kind n Humble Regards,
Mohammed Usman
Jeddah-Saudi Arabia
“You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma’ruf and forbid Al-Munkar and you believe in Allah.”
< Surah: Al-Imran (03); Ayah # 110 >

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »

The Etiquette for Salat al-Jumuah

blog.iloveallaah.com

"O believers, when the call is proclaimed for the prayer on Friday, come to the remembrance of Allah and leave off business, that is better for you if you but did know."

[Al-Jumuah, 62:9]

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 298
  • thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »
 :ws:
 :jazakallah: for sharing
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 06:30:20 PM »

Alhamdulillah it's Friday! A Day to gain tremendous rewards by doing simple actions, insha Allah! :)

Aws ibn Aws ath-Thaqafee (radiallaahu ‘anhu) said: I heard Allaah’s Messenger (sallAllaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) say

•►“Whoever washes his head on the day of Jumu’ah, and takes a bath and arrives in time, and he walks and he does not ride, and he draws close to the imaam, and he listens and he does not speak. Then for every step which he takes, there will be for him the reward of a year: the reward of fasting it and standing in Prayer.”

[Aboo Dawood (no. 345), Shaikh al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah) said this hadeeth is (saheeh) authentic]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »

• <blockquote>

Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”
    (Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249. Ibn Hajar said in Takhreej al-Adhkaar that this is a hasan hadeeth, and he said, this is the strongest report that has been narrated concerning reading Soorat al-Kahf. See: Fayd al-Qadeer, 6/198. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6470)

</blockquote>

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »

Have you read Surah Kahf today? If not, don't forget to read Surah Kahf today, It's sunnah... But do not singling it :) •► Read Quran everyday as you need oxygen each second.

“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”

[Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6470]

•►http://server1.iloveallaah.com/recitation/Abdulrahman_Alsudais/018.mp3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »

O believers, when the call is proclaimed for the prayer on Friday, come to the remembrance of Allah and leave off business, that is better for you if you but did know." [Al-Jumuah, 62:9]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 02:37:11 AM »

we  have  got  another   Friday  ,  Alhamdulillah

Try  to  gain   rewards  as   much  as  possible  ;  we  don't   know   if  we  will  be able to  get  next Friday .

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 08:41:06 AM »

a reminder :

“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, will have a light that will shine from him from one Friday to the next.”
[/size](Narrated by al-Haakim, 2/399; al-Bayhaqi, 3/249. Ibn Hajar said in Takhreej al-Adhkaar that this is a hasan hadeeth, and he said, this is the strongest report that has been narrated concerning reading Soorat al-Kahf. See: Fayd al-Qadeer, 6/198. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6470)[/color]