Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 07:47:29 AM

Author Topic: Notable Quotes  (Read 175243 times)

• Reputation Power: 145
  • Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!
Re: Notable Quotes
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 02:19:25 PM »
 :salam:

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity. [Ibn al-Qayyim]
When I first read this ayah and understood it - I realized that getting to Jannah is not easy and it wasn't easy even for the Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him and his companions. I t really touched me deeply and whenever I am down I am remember it and it lifts my spirits: Or de ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suferring and adversity, and were so shaken in spiri that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried, " when (will come) the help of Allah" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near!

:charity:
  • Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 1869
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 02:07:40 PM »
:sl:

A Wife in Marriage Quotes

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
"If Allah grants a Muslim a righteous wife, this helps him preserve half of his religion (faith). He should, therefore, fear Allah as regards the other half."

( Marriage quotes from At-Tabarani and Al-Hakim)

http://www.muslim-marriage-guide.com/marriage-quotes.html
My Father is greater than I.  Bible, John 14:28

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God ...( 4: 172 )

prepared by faith :)

recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com
  • Global Moderator
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »

Imam ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah said:

Anyone whose heart is attached to the creation, hoping for someone from the creation to help him or provide for him or guide him, then his heart submits to them and to the degree that his heart submits to them, he becomes their slave.

The noblest branches of knowledge are those that bring you close to the
Creator and help you to be pleasing to Him.

~Imam Ibn Hazm

courtesy of Al Asr group

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »

Ibn Al Qayyim says: "Wasting time is worse than death because death seperates you from this world whereas wasting time seperates you from Allah".

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »

The more we learn, the more we realize how less we know
(Imam as-Shafi'i)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 04:32:27 AM »

The Prophet (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa sallam)  said:*

"Lose no time to do good deeds before you are caught up by one of seven calamities awaiting you:

a starvation which may impair your wisdom;

a prosperity which may mislead you;

an ailment which may damage your health;

an old age which may harm your senses;

a sudden death;
the Dajjal;

or Doomsday, which is indeed the hardest and most bitter."

*[at-Tirmidhi]*

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »

One who keeps his secrets controls his affairs."

(Sayyidna Umar, Radi-Allahu anhu)

• Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 04:44:04 AM »
 :ws:

Great to see this thread getting bigger.  Thanks for all the nice quotes :)
When I first read this ayah and understood it - I realized that getting to Jannah is not easy and it wasn't easy even for the Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him and his companions. I t really touched me deeply and whenever I am down I am remember it and it lifts my spirits: Or de ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suferring and adversity, and were so shaken in spiri that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried, " when (will come) the help of Allah" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »

:)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »

A calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah.

Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:14:37 PM by Muslim Woman »

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »

Shaykh Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah

Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace. (Majm 'ul-Fatw, 10/85)

The Lord loves to be loved. (Majm 'ul-Fatw, 1/54)

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »

Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace.

nice  quote.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »

I spent thirty years learning manners, and I spent twenty years learning knowledge. -

Abdullah bin al-Mubarak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 02:51:10 AM »

Trust Him and He won't let you down.
Trust Him

When God takes something
away frm ur grasp,
He is not punishing you.

But He is merely
emptying your hands,
for you to receive
something better.  :)

collected from LI

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 03:37:44 AM »

Sayings of Abu ad-Dardaa'

`Amru ibn `Abdul-Waahid narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa', radhiallaahu `anhu, said: "You will be safe as long as you love the best amongst you, and as long as you acknowledge just and constructive criticism when they befit you, for whatsoever recognizes what is just and true is like the one that does them."

Qutaibah bin Sa`eed narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa, radhiallaahu `anhu, said: "One of the signs of man's true understanding (fiqh), is his compassion towards himself by adopting a simple life."

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, radhiallaahu `anhu, narrates that Abu-d-Dardaa, radhiallaahu `anhu, said: "The sign of man's true understanding (fiqh also involves his personal conduct, where he goes, from where he comes, who he sits with, and his perseverance in oft-soliciting to sit in the company of the learned ones."

Saalim ibn Abi al-Ja`ad narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa, radhiallaahu `anhu, said: "Why do I find your scholars departing from this world, and yet your ignorant ones refuse to learn? Surely the one who teaches what is good and beneficial and the one who learns them receive equal reward; and besides these two categories, humanity is at loss."

Abu Bakr ibn Abi Dawood narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa, radhiallaahu `anhu, once saw a man walking in the marketplace holding the hand of his child, whom he adorned and dressed up beautifully, and the man seemed to take great pride in his son. Abu-d-Dardaa' then made an audible comment, saying: "Adorn them as you please, and this will surely help boost their ego and self deception!"

Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shaiba narrated that Abu-d-Dardaa, radhiallaahu `anhu, said:
"Worship Allah as though you can see Him.
Regard yourselves as though you have joined the dead, and
understand that having a little that suffices you in this world is better than having a lot that distracts you from your true objective.
You must realize that birr (trueness) in one's deeds is a virtue, and virtues appreciate in value and they do not depreciate.
You must also remember, that not even the slightest remote sin is ever forgotten."