Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 07:47:00 AM

Author Topic: Notable Quotes  (Read 175242 times)

• Reputation Power: 145
  • Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!
Notable Quotes
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »
 :salam:

N o t a b l e Q u o t e s:

"Death is the easiest of all things after it, and the hardest of all things before it." Abu Bakr As-Sideeq

"Be not entangled in this world of days and nights; Thou hast another time and space as well." Muhammad Iqbal

"The first step towards (seeking) knowledge is the (sincerity of) intention, then it is listening; then it is understanding (this knowledge), then it is acting (upon this knowledge), then it is spreading (this knowledge)." Abdullah Ibnul Mabarak

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." Malcolm X
When I first read this ayah and understood it - I realized that getting to Jannah is not easy and it wasn't easy even for the Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him and his companions. I t really touched me deeply and whenever I am down I am remember it and it lifts my spirits: Or de ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suferring and adversity, and were so shaken in spiri that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried, " when (will come) the help of Allah" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near!

:charity:
  • Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 1869
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
Re: Notable Quotes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
:sl:

thanks for starting  the thread  ,  our  previous  thread  on the same topic
is missing :lookaround:

Imaam al-Shaafi'ee (rahimahullah) said:

I never argued with anyone with the intention to win; rather, my intention was to seek the truth.
My Father is greater than I.  Bible, John 14:28

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God ...( 4: 172 )

prepared by faith :)

recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com
  • Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 298
  • thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
:ws:
was there an old thread? I dont think it would have been removed, anyway nice topic and posts :) :jk: for sharing
  • Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!Charity is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »
was there an old thread? I dont think it would have been removed, anyway nice topic and posts :) :jk: for sharing

Yes there was and it disappeared loool!
When I first read this ayah and understood it - I realized that getting to Jannah is not easy and it wasn't easy even for the Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him and his companions. I t really touched me deeply and whenever I am down I am remember it and it lifts my spirits: Or de ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suferring and adversity, and were so shaken in spiri that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried, " when (will come) the help of Allah" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 06:51:39 AM »

Ibn al Qayyim rahimahullaah said: "Whoever desires to purify his heart, let him prefer Allah over his desires"

Intellect is like a foundation of the building
Wahee is like the building which is built upon it....
Intellect is like the light
Wahee is like the sight...
Intellect is like the lamp
Wahee is like the oil
Intellect is like the wahee which lives inside a man
Wahee is the intellect which lives outside of a man.....

BY : IMAAM GAZZAALI..

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allaah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allaah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness." -Ibnul Qayyim al Jawziyy (Rahimahullaah)

• Global Moderator
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness, in a descending spiral of destruction. The chain reaction of evil must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation". - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 05:15:10 AM »

Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah reported that one of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) said,

"I do not mind which out of the two blessings was greater. That Allaah guided me to Islaam, or that he kept me away from these innovated sects."
[Al-Wasiyyat ul-Kubraa]

Muhammad ibn Mubashshir al-Karmeenee said:

"Muhammad ibn Salaam al-Baykandee's pen broke whilst in the gathering of a Shaykh, so he announced "a pen for a deenaar", whereby pens began to fall upon him (from all directions)."
[Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa. – Volume 10, Page 629]

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 05:22:17 AM »

a pen for a deenaar", whereby pens began to fall upon him (from all directions)."

oh no , why  I was not  there ?  Could have earned  one deenar...dont have any :(

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
 :salam: loool MW

Another one:

This is the best quote of all times:

The people of knowledge who came before us used to say, "Salvation lies in clinging to the Sunnah." Imam Az-Zuhree

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »

:salam: loool MW

Another one:

This is the best quote of all times:

The people of knowledge who came before us used to say, "Salvation lies in clinging to the Sunnah." Imam Az-Zuhree

ummm  is not it better to say :  Salvation lies in clinging to the  Quran and Sunnah. ??

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 06:56:27 AM »

hmmm true MW but i guess he means after the Quran we should cling to the Sunnah.

Quotes from Ash-Shaaf'iee:
Ash-Shaafi'ee said, ‘Knowledge is what benefits, knowledge is not what is merely memorised.'

*Aboo 'Alee bin Hakamaan said, Ahmad bin Mohammad bin Haaroon Al Hamadaanee Al 'Adl narrated to us, that Aboo Muslim Al Kajjee narrated to us saying, Al Asma'ee narrated to us from Ash-Shaafi'ee, that he said, ‘The core of knowledge, is steadfastness, and its fruit is security, and the core of cautiousness is contentment, and its fruit is tranquillity, and the core of patience is to be resolute, and its fruit is triumph, and the core of actions is ability, and its fruit is success, and the goal in each and every affair is truthfulness.'’

*Aboo Thawr said, I heard Ash-Shaafi'ee say, ‘It befits the Faqeeh (jurist), that he should place some soil onto his head out of humbleness to Allaah, and out of thanks to Allaah.’

*Ar-Rabee' said, Ash-Shaafi'ee said to me, ‘If the Fuqahaa (jurists and people of knowledge) are not the Awliyaa (loyal and devoted ones) of Allaah, then Allaah has no Walee.’

*Hurmulah said, I heard Ash-Shaafi'ee say, ‘I would love that all the knowledge that I have learnt, that I should teach the people, so that I would get the reward, and they would not praise me for it.’

*It has been reported through two chains from Ash-Shaafi'ee, that he said, ‘If I see a man the companions of Hadeeth, then it is as if I am seeing a companion of the Prophet, may Allaah reward them with all good, they protected for us the Asl (origin/foundation), so they have excellence over us.’

*Yoonus bin 'Abdil-A'laa said, Ash-Shaafi'ee said to me, ‘Pleasing the people is a goal you will never reach, and there is no way to ensure security from them, so upon you be that which will benefit you, then adhere to that.’

*From Ash-Shaafi'ee that he said, ‘The sign of a true friend, is that he behaves to the friend of his friend as a friend.’

*From Ash-Shaafi'ee that he said, ‘The most elevated of people in status, are those who do not recognise from themselves any status, and those of them who possess the most excellence are those who do not see their excellence.’

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »
Salaam

Pearls of Wisdom from Umar bin Khattab (Radiya Allahu Anhu)

Don't take the word of a Muslim as ill. When there is a way of seeing it positively, take it that way. Find one good interpretation out of 10.

Avoid positions that will make others doubt you. (ie disobey Allah publicly, hang out with ppl who don't care, at all time and places)

http://www.protectedpearl.com/apps/blog/show/3658246-wisdom-of-ummar-ibn-al-khattab-radiya-allahu-anhu-

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:49 AM »

One of the Salaf used to say, “If you want to be close to Allâh then put an iron wall between yourself and your desires.”

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 298
  • thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »
:jk: for sharing
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 04:53:13 AM »

wa iyaakum :)

The most naïve thing in my eyes is to linger in sin - with no regrets - hoping for a far off pardon and to come closer to Allah without doing anything and to wait for the harvest of Jannah while planting the seeds of hellfire - waiting for reward without performing any deeds.

Yahya ibn Mu'adh rahimuhullah