Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2019, 12:33:13 PM

Author Topic: Essential Du'as / Supplications  (Read 15998 times)

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 298
  • thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!thechamp is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
Essential Du'as / Supplications
« on: April 29, 2007, 12:05:55 PM »
Greeting another Muslim

As salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
    Translation: May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings.

When salaam is conveyed (when some conveys salam to you on another's behalf).

Alayka wa alay-his salaamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
    Translation: Upon you and upon him be the peace of Allah, His mercy and blessings.

Before a meal

Bismillahi wa 'ala baraka-tillah.
    Translation: With Allah's name and uon the blessings granted by Allah (do we eat).

After having a meal

Alham do lillah hilla-thee At Amana wa saquana waja 'alana minal Muslimeen.
    Translation: All praise is due to Allah who gave us food and drink and who made us Muslims.

Dua for ZamZam (Holy Water)

Allah humma Innee As alooka 'ilman naa fee-ow wa Rizq-ow waa See-ow wa Shee-faa amm min Kooll-lee daa-een.
    Translation:  O Allah, I ask You to grant me beneficial knowledge, abundant sustenance and cure from all diseases.

Before wudhu (ablution)

Allahumma-gh fir-lee dhan-bee wawass si'lee fi dari wa bariklee fi rizq.
    Translation: O Allah Forgive my sins, make my home accommodating and grant me abundance in my livelihood.

After wudhu

Allahummaj 'al-ni minat-tow-wa beena waj-alni minal muta-tah-hireen.
    Translation: I testify that there is no deity except Allah; He is One and has no partner.  And I testify that Muhammad (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is His servant and apostle.

When entering the masjid (mosque)

A'uthu bil-Lahil 'atheemi wa biwajhi-hil kareemi wasultaani-hil qadeemi minash-shaytaanir rajeem.
    Translation: I seek protection from Allah, The Sublime, and I seek the protection of His Merciful Self and of His Eternal Kingdom against the accursed devil.

After sneezing

Alhamdulillah! (right graphic) / Alhamdu lillahi 'ala kull-lee ha-leen (left graphic).
    Translation: Thanks and all praise be to Allah (or) Thanks and all praise be to Allah under all conditions.

Reply to someone who sneezes

Yar Hamoo kall Lah.
    Translation: May Allah have mercy on you.

When a Non-Muslim sneezes

Yahdee Kumullahu wa Yaslih Ba Lakoom.
    Translation: May Allah give you guidance and make your children pious.

When someone is critically ill
When someone is so critically ill that there is no hope for his recovery, under no circumstances should he (or she) pray for his (or her) death.  But if one must, then one should recite the following dua:

Allah-humma ah-yini ma kaanatil hayaatu khairall-lee wa tawaff-fani i-dha kaanatil wa faato khai-rall-lee.
    Translation: O Allah, keep me alive so long as it is in my best interest and give me death when it is in my best interest.

When visiting the sick

La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah. La ba'sa tahoorun inshaa-Allah.
    Translation: No need to worry.  It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins.  No need to worry. It (this sickness) is a means of cleansing from sins.

Dua taught to a new muslim

Allahummagh fir-lee warr hamnee wah-dini warr zuq-ni.
    Translation: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance.

When entering the toilet

Allahumma in-nee a'oothu bika minal khubu-thee wal khabaa ith.

When leaving the toilet, recite

Ghuf-raa naka

followed by

Alhamdulillah-hilla-thee ath-haba ann-nil athaa wa 'afaani.

Reaching the top of an incline

Allahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin.
    Translation: O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions. 

Repentance dua
Whenever a person commits any sin, he/she should immediately offer repentance to Allah, saying the following dua. 

Allahumma In-nee a-toobu ilayka minha la ar-ji-u ilayhaa abada.
    Translation: O Allah, I repent before You for all my sins and I promise never to return to the same (again).

Upon awakening

Alhamdulillah-hillathee ah-yana ba'da ma ama tana wa ilayhi nushoor.
    Translation: Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him.

When undertaking a journey

Subhanalla-thee sakh-khara-lana haatha wa-ma kun-na lahoo muqrineena wa inna ila Rabbina la-mun-qali-boon.
    Translation: Glory be to Him (Allah) who has brought this (vehicle) under our control though we were unable to control it.  Sure, we are to return to our Lord.

Istikhara for nikah (marriage)
When intending to marry someone then even before proposing or expressing one's intention to propose, one should perform Wudhu in the best of manner and then offer as many Nafl Salaahs as possible.  Thereafter one should praise and glorify Allah in the best manner and recite the following Dua:

Translation:  O Allah, You have power and I have none.  You know all and I know not.  You are The Knower of all that is hidden.  If, in Your knowledge (mention name of person here) be good for me in my faith and in my temporal and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me.  And if anyone other than her (or him) be good for me in my faith and religious life, then ordain her (or him) for me.

Dua-e-Qunoot (read in Witr)

Translation: O Allah! We beg help from You alone; ask forgiveness from You alone, and turn towards You and praise You for all the good things and are grateful to You and are not ungrateful to You and we part and break off with all those who are disobedient to you. O Allah! You alone do we worship and pray exclusively to You and bow before You alone and we hasten eagerly towards You and we fear Your severe punishment and hope for Your Mercy as your severe punishment is surely to be meted out to the unbelievers.
  • Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 1884
  • Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!
Re: Essential Du'as / Supplications
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »
 :salam:

:jazakallah:  for sharing

a question : how to Greet  non-Muslim ? I  heard of  Dr. Zakir Naik that it's allowed  to say salaam to them ;  but i want  to know in details.
My Father is greater than I.  Bible, John 14:28

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God ...( 4: 172 )

prepared by faith :)

recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • world peace is working their way up.world peace is working their way up.world peace is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »
 :salam: thats a good question sis..cuz i heard your nt allowed to say salam to non-muslims.
"Our Lord! We have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and save us from the punishment of the Fire."

• Global Moderator
  • Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim Woman is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:33:14 AM »
:salam: thats a good question sis..cuz i heard your nt allowed to say salam to non-muslims.

:ws:

Dr. Zakir   gave example of   Prophet Ibrahim (p) ; his father was  an idol worshipper but  he greeted  him with  SALAM........ :)

• Reputation Power: 302
  • hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!hope is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Allah is ONE!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 06:39:03 AM »
Assalaamu'alaykum,

We are allowed to RETURN THEIR SALAAM with peace...but we are NOT TO INSTIGATE the salaam of peace.

As for the ahadith that pertains to in response to the kufaar degradation greeting "AsSamiu~Alaykum" this means and death be upon you, you are to reply with "wa 'alaykum".

Book 026, Number 5384: Muslim

'A'isha reported that a group of Jews came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and sought his audience and said: As-Sam-u-'Alaikum. A'isha said in response: As-Sim-u-'Alaikum (death be upon you) and curse also, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: 'A'isha, verily Allah loes kindness in every matter. She said: Did you bear what they said? Thereupon he said: Did you not hear that I said (to them): Wa 'Alaikum.

Book 026, Number 5387:  Muslim

This hadith has been reported on the authority of A'znash with a slight variation of wording. 'A'isha understood their meaning and cursed them and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: 'A'isha. (do not do that) for Allah does not like the use of harsh words, and it was at this stage that this verse of Allah. the Exalt. ed and Glorious. was revealed:" And when they come to thee, they greet thee with a greeting with which Allah greets thee not" (Iviii. 8) to the end of the verse.

"Have you not seen those who were forbidden to hold secret counsels, and afterwards returned to that which they had been forbidden, and conspired together for sin and wrong doing and disobedience to the Messenger (Muhammad SAW ). And when they come to you, they greet you with a greeting wherewith Allah greets you not, and say within themselves: "Why should Allah punish us not for what we say?" Hell will be sufficient for them, they will burn therein, and worst indeed is that destination!"

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِينَ نُهُوا عَنِ النَّجْوَى ثُمَّ يَعُودُونَ لِمَا نُهُوا عَنْهُ وَيَتَنَاجَوْنَ بِالْإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْوَانِ وَمَعْصِيَتِ الرَّسُولِ وَإِذَا جَاؤُوكَ حَيَّوْكَ بِمَا لَمْ يُحَيِّكَ بِهِ اللَّهُ وَيَقُولُونَ فِي أَنفُسِهِمْ لَوْلَا يُعَذِّبُنَا اللَّهُ بِمَا نَقُولُ حَسْبُهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ يَصْلَوْنَهَا فَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ

Al-Mujadila 58:8

:hope:

I bear witness that Allah is the only One Worthy of worship and Mohammad sallaAllahu 'alayhi wa sellem is the Servant and Messenger of Allah.
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Aisha has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:29:58 PM »
Very benefical, Jazakallah khayr :cool:
 :ws:
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Curaezipirid has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:26:39 AM »
I am getting a want in me of these du'a.

(in my culture if we are wanting we get forced to have what we want, in a tough love frame work, but in which wanting stuff not good for us is measured into a homeopathic type dose - homeopathy on the grand scale of our fear about hereafter- but truly that is why I write this, that I want these du'as; because I know it is a sign of being in a happy frame of mind, that I want du'a more than I want a cup of coffee, for example.)
At
That hat
Word Sword Sworn
Hath
Inshallah no poetry farce
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »
Dua taught to a new muslim

Allahummagh fir-lee warr hamnee wah-dini warr zuq-ni.
    Translation: O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me aright and grant me sustenance.

When entering the toilet

Allahumma in-nee a'oothu bika minal khubu-thee wal khabaa ith.

When leaving the toilet, recite

Ghuf-raa naka

followed by

Alhamdulillah-hilla-thee ath-haba ann-nil athaa wa 'afaani.

Reaching the top of an incline

Allahumma lakash-sharafu 'ala kull-lee shara-few walakal hamdu 'ala kull-li haalin.
    Translation: O Allah, all sublimity is for You at every incline and all praise is for You at all times under all conditions. 

Salam I see here a phenomenon I have seen in at least two other contexts, of the genital Wudu component being untaught in English.  Is it only because this is not a context for one gender only? Or is there other reason to not provide the English?  Is it because in English language there are no compatible words?  I ask because of my experience with Aboriginal language words for genitalia, in which our language is both far more clinical, and far more shaming, but then also less shameful to use when in the act, but only then.  Oddly but not so odd, the words for every reference to genitals and gender, are the language usage held in best cultural retention subsequent to invasion of our land.  I am wondering if the decisions to avoid translation here, are a part of the same phenomenon as the level of language retention of similar mental associations for Indigenous Australians.

But also, I might need to ask if there are women only internet contexts where I might learn the translation.  You will all tell me to learn Arabic I am sure, but maybe I need the English translation.  Maybe not but.  As I think to myself when actualising gential wudhu, I believe in dua which is liken to the Zam Zam one in combination with that for When visiting the sick, and that for after wudhu.  But am I missing something?  I posted a poem about wudhu in a thread made specially for poetry, here earlier, perhaps that might assist.

Salam
At
That hat
Word Sword Sworn
Hath
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 11:16:34 AM »

Dua when Entering the toilet

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من الخبث والخبائث

O Allah! I seek refuge with You from all that is impure and hateful.

Dua when Leaving the toilet

غفرانك الحمد لله الذي أذهب عني الأذى وعافاني

I seek Your Forgiveness. All Praise is due to Allah Who removed from me what was injurious and restored me to soundness.

Next

http://uk.geocities.com/zaza100sa/ltoilet.html

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »

Dua when going to Bed

اللهم باسمك أموت وأحيا

O Allah! With Your name I die and live

Dua when getting up

الحمد لله الذى أحيانا بعد ما أماتنا و إليه النشور

All thanks and praises be to Allah Who has given us life after causing us to die (i.e. sleep) and unto Him is the Resurrection

Next                                        Back

http://uk.geocities.com/zaza100sa/awake.html

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »
Thankyou
At
That hat
Word Sword Sworn
Hath
  • * ●۞● ﺷﺄﺳﺘﻪ●۞● *
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • shaista has no influence.
  • ѕнαιѕтα
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »

salamz,
thanx 4 that... i didn't knw there were 2 seperate duas for when muslims and non-muslims sneezed  :rolleyes:  but hey,  now i knw  :thumbsup:

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • moni has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 05:47:01 AM »

:jazakallah: for sharing the duas'....
The most excellent Jihad (holy war) is that for the conquest of self.
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Girl25 has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »
 :jazakallah: for sharing
  • Reputation Power: 228
  • graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!graygen girl is awe-inspiring!
  • Mood: Silly
    Silly
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »
 :barakallah:
for shaaaring
There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship........
Real eyes realize real lies
always be kind & gentle , never b rude to all, if u will b kind & gentle then u will b loved by all
Life is an Ice Cream ,Enjoy It before it Melts, life is a game ,Play it, Life is a Prize, Win It