Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2018, 01:24:21 PM

Author Topic: Qur'an Lights Casablanca Nights  (Read 772 times)

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 1852
  • Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!Muslim  Woman is awe-inspiring!
Qur'an Lights Casablanca Nights
« on: September 26, 2007, 03:45:34 AM »
:salam:

The Hassan II Mosque has space for 25,000 worshipers inside and another 80,000 outside. (IOL Photo)

More Moroccans are flocking every night to mosques across the financial capital Casablanca to perform the Tarawih prayers behind a galaxy of young imams whose sweet voices in reciting the Qur'an are giving the prayer a special taste.

"We are really proud of those young imams, who recharge the faith battery of this sea of worshipers," Mona Khaled, 30, told IslamOnline.net.

"They devoutly and sincerely lead the faithful, who feel very much closer to God," added Khaled, who prefers to perform Tarawih behind Sheikh Al-Oyoun Al-Koushi at the Onasi Mosque.

Over the past few years, Tarawih was given a new aura thanks to a group of energetic young imams whose music-to-ear recitation of the Qur'an has attracted more worshipers.

The imams, including Omar Qazabri, Abdel Hadi Kanouni and Mohammad Arawi, are reciting the Qur'an with a variety of readings.

Qazabri leads the faithful every night at the Hassan II Mosque, the largest Muslim house of worship in the world after the grand mosques in Makkah and Al-Madinah.

The mosque accommodates 25,000 worshipers inside and another 80,000 outside.

The 210-meter minaret is the tallest in the world and is visible day and night for miles around.

Not Routine

Moroccans pray behind imam Abdel Hadi Kanouni at the Kirian Sintral mosque at Al-Mohammadi district. 
The new mosque faces are appealing to an increasing number of Moroccans.

"Today's Tarawih is completely different from the past," said Ahmed, 40.

"It was like a burden in the past since the imams were reciting the Qur'an solidly and without any sort of innovation," added Ahmed, who pray behind Qazabri and Kanouni at Kirian Sintral mosque at Al-Mohammadi district.

"Now those young imams are reciting the Qur'an from the bottom of their hearts, bringing the worshipers to tears in such awe-aspiring atmosphere."

Kanouni is the favorite imam for 24-year-old Noha.

"I like his voice very much plus the mosque is a few meters away," she said.

Fore Abdel Ali, 30, there are no favorites.

"I like them all as a matter of fact though I love Qazabri's recitation most," he said.

"That's why I pray in a different mosque every night.

Mostafa Badri, a political researcher, believe the young imams have stolen the limelight from politicians.

"I'm confident that locals know those imams' names better than politicians who are on TV channels all the time."

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1189959415762&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout
My Father is greater than I.  Bible, John 14:28

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God ...( 4: 172 )

prepared by faith :)

recitation: http://quran.jalisi.com